Last Thursday night the Titan Wrestling Team won their dual against Independence 65 to 10 but lost to Pittsburg 48 to 24. Our kids wrestled very good against Independence but did not wrestle very well against Pittsburg and lost the dual. In the dual with Pittsburg, Pittsburg used wrestlers in two matches who had weighed in two weight classes below the weight class
they were reporting to wrestle. According to National Federation rules this is not allowed. This rule was questioned by the Columbus coaches but still allowed by the referees. Later in the dual Columbus also used a wrestler up two weights from where he weighed in on the premise that it was allowed in the other two matches. After the dual ended, the State was contacted and both teams realized that some wrestlers were used illegally in the dual. On Monday, the state ruled that those matches where illegal wrestlers were used would be forfeited, therefore Columbus still ended up losing the dual with the official score being 45 to 33. Here are the results of the Titan Wrestlers who competed in these two duals:
1. Jacob York - Won by fall against Independence and lost by fall against Pittsburg.
2. Boston Proffit - Lost by fall against both Pittsburg and Independence.
3. Zach Mullere Won by decision against Independence and lost by fall against Pittsburg.
4. Joel Zwahlen - won by decision against Independence and won by forfeit against Pittsburg.
5. Kyle Johnson Won by fall against Independence and by forfeit against Pittsburg.
6. Zack Conway Won by Tech fall against Independence
7. BT OHara Won by fall against Independence and won by forfeit against Pittsburg
8. CJ Freeman Lost by decision against Independence.
9. Damion Tinnin - Won by decision in both the Pittsburg and Independence duals.
10. Paul Morris Lost by fall in both the Independence and Pittsburg duals.
11. Brandon Alberty Won by forfeit in both duals.
12. Nathan Morris Won by fall against Independence and lost by fall against Pittsburg.
13. David Lloyd Won by decision against Independence and lost by decision against Pittsburg.
14. Tank Burns won by fall against Pittsburg the # 3 ranked wrestler in 5A and won by fall against Independence the # 3 ranked wrestler in 5A.